As requested by Tenaga Puncak Maya I append below quotations that I have compiled so far:
· The quality of our lives is determined not by what happens to us, but rather by what we do about what happens.
· You are the one who decides how to feel and act based upon the ways you choose to perceive your life.
· Your mission in life is not to change the world. Your mission is to change yourself and take control of your life.
· Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I respond to it.
· We cannot control the wind, but we can direct the sail.
· When I look at myself in the mirror, what do I see? Who is responsible for my looks? Me? Or Someone else?
· To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell
· Forget about likes and dislikes. They are of no consequences. Just do what must be done. They may not be happiness. But it is Greatness – George Bernard Shaw
· Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory – General George S. Patton
· If you are in control, you are a Subject in this Whirlwind of a world. If you allow the environment to control you, you are only an Object being pushed here and there. – Cassandra Lee
· Success will come to those who conquer themselves and force life to pay whatever is asked. – Anthony Robbins
· Knowledge is not power. Power is knowledge put into action – Anthony Robbins.
· What we think, or what we know or what we believe, is in the end, of little consequence, the only consequence is what we do.
· Savour the beautiful things in life. Leave the bitter part to the wind. For if we have only one life to lead, why not make it sensational!!! - Cassandra Lee
· Pride makes us do things well. Love makes us do things to perfection. Today with love in my heart, I shall lay the groundwork for great things to happen! - Cassandra Lee
· The best soldier does not attack. The superior fighter succeeds without violence. The greatest conqueror wins without struggle. The most successful manager leads without dictating. This is called intelligent non-aggressiveness. This is called mastery of men. – Lao Tzu, Tao The King
· If you do not know your own strengths & weaknesses, you might be shortchanged in life and missed out on valuable opportunities – Cassandra Lee
· If you know yourself, you’ll be able to improve yourself. If you improve yourself, you’ll love yourself. If you love yourself, you’ll be able to love others. If you love others, you have completed your role in this life, by making this world a better place to live in - Cassandra Lee
· Love is a many splendoured thing! When there is no harmony at home, there will be no family. When there is no family, there is no country. Without country and boundary, the world perishes! - Cassandra Lee
· “Character determine whether a person succeeds in life or not. High IQ alone is not enough…..leadership is not domination but the art of persuading people to work toward a common goal. This requires high interpersonal skills and social intelligence….I absorbed a heavy dose of emotional intelligence at Raffles Institution. It builds my character. It gave me the emotional gravitas to lead.” - Mr Goh Chok Tong (Prime Minister of Singapore)
· Everything can be taken from a person but one thing, the last of human freedom: to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstance………to choose one’s own way – Victor Frank
· It’s a funny thing about life; If you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it. – W. Somerset Maugham
· Writing causes thinking. Thinking creates an image. Images control feelings. Feelings cause Actions. Actions create results. – The law of learning by Leland Val Van De Wall
· Expect to fall at first when you try something new and be prepared to keep trying until you master the new technique. …..It is the combination of reasonable talent and the ability to keep going in the face of defeat that leads to success.
· A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing with him the image of a cathedral. – Antoine De Saint – Exupery
· If it is to be. It is up to Me!
· You must share your life with others, for the more you share with others, the more valuable your shares become – Dr Forrest C Shaklee
· It is attitude not aptitude that governs altitude.
· The purpose of existence is not to make a living but to make a life.
· A negative thought is a down payment on an obligation to fail.
· You will seldom experience regret for something you’ve done. Its what you don’t do that torment you.
· Complaining is the refuge of those who has no self reliance.
· Youth is not a time of life but a state of mind. Wrinkles test the skin but never touch the soul.
· The worst bankruptcy is the person who has lost enthusiasm.
· The ultimate cost of something is that amount of, you will exchange for – eg dignity
· No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. - Eleanor Roosevelt
· Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.
· Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt - William Shakespeare
Choose your life’s mate carefully. From this one decision will. come ninety percent of all your happiness or misery.- H. Jackson Brown Jr.
Hope it'll come in handy at times.